Thread: Sigil 0.2.4
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #5
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Question, as I am very new to Sigil. When updating, can I just install on top of the old version, or do I need to uninstall the old version first?

Also, as I've been trying to clean up a PDF that I converted to ePub for my own use, I've been thinking that being able to utilize a wildcard in the FIND/REPLACE dialog would be, like, priceless! If there is a way to do that...
Well, I'm on Linux and just installing over the top of the previous version has always worked for me.

Wild cards in Search/Replace? You Betcha! and SO much more powerful than that. You can use "regular expressions" to do lots and lots of things that way.

Do a search on "regular expressions" or "regexp" on this forum (i.e. mobileread itself), or ask a specific question here (i.e the sigil sub-forum). I myself am but a novice regarding this topic so I won't presume to instruct you. But there are many resources available to those who can ask or search. Just sayin'!
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote