View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 09:55 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianWerner View Post
I wonder if this isn't actualy the whole point of Kindle. Amazon is a shop, not hardware manufacturer.
Amazon is not just a shop; though I used to share that opinion. When most people think of Amazon, they think of Amazon.com, a retail website and think that's all there is. Well, it's opposite to reality. The company behind the Kindle is not Amazon.com, but the parent company Amazon Technologies Inc. Amazon Technologies is a tech company that runs a retail website, but it is first and foremost a tech company. It has a number of different parts including lab126, the developers of the Kindle.

Anyone who looks at Amazon and thinks it is a retailer who recently expanded into hardware is someone completely misunderstands the mindset of the senior management. The fact that most underestimate Amazon could be one of its greatest strengths.

P.S. I don't mean to single you out; I just learned this stuff myself. Plus, even journalists (who should know better) have made the same mistake.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote