View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #145
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by universum View Post
You're definitely right about Chrome, I just tried it and Flash doesn't work. It is the default Browser apk that supports it. I got the Flash apk from XDA as well.

I'm curious as to what the hosts file limits? Are there blocked domains? Or is it a particular protocol issue?
Basically domain blocking (and you have to use the whole domain - you can't just do a "127.0.0.1 mobileread.com" in it to block the forum, as an example, you'd have to "127.0.0.1 www.mobileread.com"), though it can be used for re-routing traffic...

(which is why it's a damned good idea to go set it to read-only on Windows (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts), by the way - malware can fairly easily insert stuff if you don't and send your traffic from www.google.com over to their malware-infested Google lookalike)
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote