View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 10:15 PM   #140
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quick Readable US Weather Forecasts

My August 2011 weather tip began failing in June 2012, because the National Weather Service changed the link mobile.weather.gov to -- and I just figured this out tonight -- cell.weather.gov. So, for classic eInk-friendly US weather forcasts, we now can:

1. Navigate to cell.weather.gov, via Robin Gardner's readingthenet.com, by entering this url:

tinyurl.com/cbtjg3n

2. Enter your zip code in the first entry block and click on Go.

3. Navigate down to, and click on:

Detailed 7-day Forecast

The rest is for the benefit of newbies:

4. When the forecast is returned, press Menu and then save with "Bookmark this Page."

5. To give a clearly understandable bookmark name, press Menu again to go to Bookmarks.

6. To get to your new bookmark, you may have to go down one page, as in a book.

7. When your new and ill-named bookmark is underlined, press the right side of the five-way.

8. Press the center of the five-way and type in "My Home Town Weather" or similar.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote