View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Right now on the BPL site, Overdrive manages EVERYTHING for their ebook collection, including searching for books. If I do a search on the "regular" BPL site for a book that BPL owns in ebook format, it won't show up there. Conversely, if I do a search on the BPL ebook site for a book that BPL owns in physical format, it won't show up. They are entirely separate. So yes, when there is more than one ebook vendor, it is going to be a big headache. Right now I have the ebook page (the one that is managed by Overdrive) bookmarked. When I go to that page in the future, are the 3M books even going to show up there? Time will tell.

At least NYPL has figured out how to show the ebooks in their regular catalog search.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote