Thread: Silliness Do you ever get confused ...
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #11
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hasn't seriously happened to me yet... I only read one book at a time. However, a few times I've opened up MobiPocket to read something, forgetting that I had recently added a book, or checked a reference in another book, when I closed it. So I'm expecting to read one thing, get about 2 sentences in, and realize: "This is a different story. Whuthehey?"

More often, when I'm writing, I confuse myself with some of the SF terminology I use... because, depending on the book, and the futuristic time period, I may be using different tech or different tech names to mean roughly the same stuff. "Oh, wait... do I call computers in this book 'computers,' 'Intelligence Systems,' 'secretaries,' 'HAL,' 'pocket brains,' or 'iThink'?"
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote