View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #5
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
Question1: is there any CSS (or other) alternatives beside the 'Add Image' approach? The one structure that seems to be used the most is the square root (radical) sign.

Question2: I found some CSS for super/subscripts that looks good in Sigil, but seems to be ignored (except for the 70%) by ADE. I like the class approach since it seems to not increase line spacing to accomodate the sub or superscript. However, using ADE the small numbers seems to rest on the baseline. Is that an ADE limitation or incompatibility? I use ADE to preview before converting to Kindle
Well, with pure .css is not much what you can do and results are not so good. Below you can see some screenshots of .css code that works also in ADE. If you are going to work of this way, it good be a good idea to use Clips and the Clips Editor of Sigil.

Also I post an epub so you can see better what I did. But maybe you should seek the solution in LaTeX. After that you can convert your TeX/LaTeX files in .xhtml files and with them, build your .epub with Sigil.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Math1.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	107024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Math2.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	107025   Click image for larger version

Name:	Math3.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	107026  
Attached Files
File Type: epub Some Maths.epub (3.1 KB, 133 views)

Last edited by RbnJrg; 06-16-2013 at 09:16 AM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote