View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
just use
Code:
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.appmgrd start app://com.lab126.draw
to launch a practical draw app. This is proof of concept.
I was playing with that draw app when it was included in yifanlu's first preliminary version of his launcher menu. I like using that draw program in its "box draw" (or is it rectangle?) mode, where the size of the boxes is proportional to your drawing speed. You can make some interesting screensaver images that way, like a spirograph.

But that is not the point. The "paint" function is merely a test stub for the touchscreen function. The final scripts (besides this ascii fingerpaint toy) will be a touchscreen reader script that returns scaled coordinates of your choice (600x800, 800x600, 50x40, or whatever). And another version will provide an onscreen keyboard, and will return a text string of whatever the user typed on the onscreen keyboard. These general touchscreen utility scripts will be callable by other scripts, for use in RUNME.sh recovery scripts (or anywhere else you want to use them).

As mentioned in previous posts, this is primarily intended to be used in diagnostics mode. Are you sure that your recommended lipc command will work in that mode? And how about BEFORE the startup scripts run, when the framework has not been started yet?

And for that matter, instead of that "paint" program you suggested I should use as a "practical" solution (it is really just a webpage) -- I make a counter suggestion: to be really "practical" (as you suggested) use the Gimp on a *real* computer.

Last edited by geekmaster; 03-04-2012 at 12:34 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote