View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 04:14 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Do you have an SD Card in the CyBook? Did you reformat that as well?

It has been reported in the past that a corrupt SD Card can cause problems.

If you don't have an SD Card, it sounds like it might be a fault. My CyBook runs for months without crashing. Indeed, I can't remember the last time it did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrid0005 View Post
I just got my Cybook and I've had to reset the device 5 times in 3 days. The first three times the device became unresponsive after five or more hours of reading (even though I switched it off for a minute a couple of times during this period). The last two resets were done in a span of less than 2 hours. I've tried everything: changed all my files to mobi; got rid of the pre-installed fonts and used one I downloaded; uploaded my content from both mac and pc; and checked to make sure the device was 100% charged. I contacted Bookeen and they told me to reformat the device. I did and followed all the precautions listed earlier. If anything, it's worse since like I mentioned earlier the last 2 resets had to be done in less than two hours. I emailed Bookeen again and have received no response. Could it be that the machine is not made for extended periods of reading? Has anyone else encountered this problem in the lastest batch of Cybooks?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote