View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #489
trex_daemon
Enthusiast
trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.trex_daemon is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle 3 Wifi
Wow. Perfect!
The hard way did the trick!
Thanks everybody for the valuable help.
At least I've learned a lot about the kindles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Okay, obviously, the recovery thing didn't take . Weeeeelll.

Another cheap shot in the dark: Did you try to launch a reset to factory defaults? Either from the settings menu if you can, or the hard way (cold booting with [HOME] pressed, follow the reset procedure on screen)?

Can't remember how/if the factory reset wipes the userstore... let me dig up my K3, I'll take a look.

EDIT: Yes it does .

As for usbserial, can't say, I've never used it. What I do know is that on proper serial, you would be getting a getty prompt to login at that point . (And with a broken userstore & no console, setting up usbnetwork would be tricky. That said, it does appear to be installed on the image you flashed, because I see my init script in your logs. But given the fact that it operates mostly from the userstore, that doesn't help us very much ^^.)
trex_daemon is offline   Reply With Quote