View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #130
nbveh
nbveh began at the beginning.

Device: TrekStor Pyrus mini
Hello Euro Traveler!

I think i can make you happy

I've put myself in exactly the same situation, bricked the device by unplugging it while update process was active, got confused by windows never installing the driver( later realized it was due to me stupidly agreeing to 'windows auto update' option or whatever it's called).

So, some search for 'livesuit'/'brick'/'failed to enter update mode' and whatnot i've got to this page: http://tabletmods.blogspot.se/2012/06/flash-firmware-via-livesuit.html

i'll quote the most important and confusing part here:

Quote:
Turn the tablet completely off. The tablet should be off throughout the update process.
Now attach your tablet to your PC by USB cable whilst holding down the volume+ button on the top. Straight after attaching the cable, and whilst still holding down the volume+ button, start pressing the tablet power button repeatedly (approx 1 press per second for 10 seconds is enough). This procedure puts the tablet into update mode.
EDIT>instead of volume button in our case you have to press and hold some other button, page turn for example...

the livesuite, firmware and usb drivers you can find by checking the link in the 'livesuit' shortcut settings which is on your desktop!

It took me like an hour of frustration, sadness, anger on myself, plus taking device apart and even de-soldering battery to get my cute little friend back to life, hope i can save all this hustle to somebody=)) if you have any questions let me know!

Good Luck!!!

Last edited by nbveh; 06-07-2013 at 02:38 AM. Reason: some add.info
nbveh is offline   Reply With Quote