View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 12:06 PM   #2
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
look at some of the other threads on the 700. Its mentioned by several people how bad it is. I bought one and thought I could live with it because other than that it is a well built device and I loved the other features. But after 2 days I decided to return it and I bought a 505 (again) last night. I found it simply impossible to read with out the light on. And after a day of that, I realized that's not how I want to read all the time. Its an unacceptable solution. And even with the light on, the glare is still there, just less so. But with the light off, I could completely see my reflection and anything that was behind me and the text was so dull looking without a light that it was impssobile to read it unless the reader was maybe under direct light. If you plan to just read at nite with the light on, then it would be fine!

Its too bad because touching the screen to turn the page is nice. Hopefully the next model will have the touch screen under the e-ink so there won't be that extra screen and I will gladly buy it.
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote