View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 09:12 PM   #174
ereadingdotcom
CEO, Ereading.com
ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereadingdotcom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Well, I grew up in an abusive household and books were a great escape for me. I was also a skinny, beanpole of a kid (hard to believe today, from anyone who knows me) and was a complete nerd.

I grew up during the heyday of D&D; but by then I was already reading stuff that made traditional Sword & Sorcery look rather simple by comparison. So I found myself engrossed everyday in everything from Edgar Rice Burroughs, Zane Grey and Pat Conroy to Robert A. Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, and Louis L'Amour.

As I evolved into my teens, I would take the bus to Santa Monica to see the authors I was reading speak at the late, lamented A CHANGE OF HOBBIT bookstore. That was the genesis of me becoming a writer...or a typist, depending upon whom you ask
ereadingdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote