View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
IRC someone was able to port calibre to nook touch. He was just using it to download the news on his nook touch directly without needing to use a computer. I am amazed this did not go further because of the number of android tablets and devices available I thought more people would be doing something like this to be able to download news directly.
Nice info thanks for the link. If I read it correctly he installed a linux partition to run calibre to fetch his daily news. Very creative, but not an Android port.

Personally once I had an Android tablet I had access to easier methods of fetching my local and national news or blogs/web sites of interest, Google reader being one example, Flipboard being another. Because of this ease of access I no longer use calibre's fetch news feature.

Good Reading!

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-08-2012 at 09:51 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote