View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 02:12 AM   #42
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
No No No what I mean is that I was running 5.1.0 and wanted to install a jbpatch, so I went to settings and acidentally hit device info. It said 5.1.1 and no I did'nt misread. I decided to report this after rebooting. Later when I went to take a screenshot It was back to 5.1.0
That is consistent with what I said. I did not suggest you misread anything.

It sounds like an OTA update changed you from 5.1.1 to 5.1.0. I would consider that an OTA glitch, if amazon DOWNGRADES the firmware version like that.

I do not see how we are in disagreement. How is that a "No No No" ? What am I missing here?

So, the question is, did you start with 5.1.0, then it CHANGED (at least in the settings menu) to 5.1.1, then after reboot back to 5.1.0? If so, it is curious whether the firmware version actually DID change, or whether the settings menu reported false values.

If you really did change from 5.1.0 to 5.1.1, it must have been an OTA update that did it, and that would be the first reported instance of an OTA update to 5.1.1. Too bad it reverted back to 5.1.0 (unless amazon did a "recall" on 5.1.1 because of a serious flaw in that version)...

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-17-2012 at 02:17 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote