Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #212
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
It will affect it in the same way that it affect the main plugin. Both have an option to support newer firmware, so just check that for the driver you are using. I have made the changes to the main plugin and they should be in the next calibre release. After that, there won't be a problem for either plugins. Unless one of us break some code.
Windows XP, Glo 2.50 Calibre 0.9.27
There is something odd since the 2.50 update - what I am now finding is that with the extended driver in place once Calibre detects the Glo it initially communicates with it sufficiently to read the metadata on the device and show just what books are on it. If you then try to transfer books it fails.

I did have "Support Newer Versions" selected.

The nasty bit though is that once it has done that if you try to use file manager to connect to the USB drives (E & F in my case) it can't do so, although the drives are still visible. Checking in Device Manager shows the two Kobo 2.50 Devices "working correctly" but if you try to populate the Volume information it cannot recognise the drive format. Everything behaved properly until I started Calibre and it detected the Glo.

With the Kobo drivers disabled in Calibre it is possible to Connect/Share to the USB drives on the Glo without breaking anything.

I've restarted both XP and the Kobo a couple of times but still no improvement.

This may mean something to davidfor or jgoguen - I can't call it a bug as I'm using 2.50. which wasn't what the drivers were intended for.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote