View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #21
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Innocent? By what standard? With a government form that can make anything illegal with a mere vote? And allows ex-post-facto laws? Sorry, won't be visiting the UK, ever...
Please don't judge the entire country by one person

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Perfectly happy, yes. Innocent people have nothing to fear from such things.
Of course - because miscarriages of justice never occur, and even if they did the system is so good it would be resolved beore it could have any adverse affect on the parties involved.

Quote:
Indeed, I am not so naive as to believe that telephone calls, e-mails, etc, are not routinely monitered by the security services. That is the entire purpose of the UK government's "GCHQ" (Government Communications HQ) at Cheltenham in Gloucestershire, England.
And the world-wide (well, UK, US, Canada, Australia, & New Zealand) Echelon is alleged to do the same thing.

Just because something's already happening legally doesn't mean it is ethically right; nor that it is not open to misuse be it deliberate or accidental.

Quote:
I'm afraid that I don't, and never will, accept, that your right to "privacy" permits you to break the law with impunity, which is what you appear to be saying that you have a "right" to do.
I think people are against the invasion of privacy as a principle, especially by corporations whose main interest is making money, rather than saying they should be allowed to break the law with impunity.

Quote:
Clearly the majority of French MP's do not believe that this law is "indefensible", or it could not have got through parliament?
I don't know the details on this law, but I do know our own govt has pulled some "fast ones" to get laws in despite opposition...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote