Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #762
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
Sorry for needing so much help but:

I tried to install the font size patch again by downloading the RIGHT file,and copying the .jar to /opt/jbpatch, and restarting, but it didn't work.

Also, the developer keys patch doesn't sem to work. I downloaded kindlecalc, copied the azw to documents, and restarting, but I get the message about it not being signed by an authorised develoer.

Edit: I've got the new font size patch now.
What do you mean by "didn't work" concerning the font sizes?

Concerning the developer keys patch: it obviously works, or otherwise you wouldn't be able to start the JBPatch UI either. Two possibilities:

1. either kindcalc is indeed signed with a certificate that is not included in the combined keystore - in which case the kindcalc dev should consider using the standard "test" certificate, instead of a home-brewed one.

2. You might still have the old version of the merged keystore installed - can't remember which, but some older versions of JBPatch shipped with a previous version. I also had a similar problem once. Try unregistering and re-registering the Kindle. This will remove the dev keystore (and give you some message like "your Kindle is no longer a Test Kindle", which is harmless), and re-install the current version of the keystore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
Dear ixtab,

I've made a correction to the portuguese hyphenation file, which I annex. I hope you to make it default to your file (and, until there, everybody is welcome to download it here).

It only corrects the hyphenation of "ninguém", "alguém" and "aquém", which were, for example, "ning-uém", when, in portuguese, "guém" and "quém" does not get apart.

Thanks for your fabulous work.
Thanks! I'll include it in the sources, and it will eventually be shipped with the next JBPatch version.

Edit: One question: did you find some documentation on the hyphenations file format somewhere, or did you just use trial and error? It may be helpful for other people if you could describe how one can make changes to these files, as they look pretty cryptic indeed.

Last edited by ixtab; 10-07-2012 at 12:35 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote