View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #250
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedb View Post
Thanks ixtab. I have started again, and this time only picked half the fonts to transfer. The hack now works and all the fonts on the kindle (including menus) change okay

I got carried away though and changed all of the types: serif, sans, mono and condensed

Which of these types refer to the actual book, and which refer to the kindle menus?
Hmmm... I'll answer this here, but will also copy/paste this into the the first post, because it's probably helpful:
  • The Serif (S) font is what is used by default for reading books. This is also the font which is used for displaying the book titles and author names on the Home Screen.
  • The Sans Serif (SS) font is used for displaying the Menu Items. You can also select this font to read books.
  • The Condensed (C) font is only available for reading books, after selecting the appropriate entry ("condensed") in the display configuration dialog.
  • The Monospace (M) font is only shown in rare circumstances, usually when system output is displayed to the user. This includes the "System" pane of FontHack itself, but also some of the hidden shortcuts of the Kindle, or possibly a few specially formatted passages of a book that you're reading.

Quote:
It is okay to have 1 different font for each of the 4 types (I don't know if anybody would want to though)
Sure it is! I've had all 4 fonts replaced as well... but to say the truth, by now, I personally only replace the "condensed" font (with DejaVu Serif Condensed). It's a good font to read, and all the other fonts just keep being reset because I'm constantly tampering around with my device :-)

Quote:
This is a really great hack now I can it to work
Glad it's working for you now...
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote