View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #10
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Victory, at last ! Splendid!

Comme on dit chez nous, lāche pas la patate (de l'acadien figure toi ;-))

I will be waiting all night if I shall, I am so delighted, you have no idea ! plenty of K going your way to keep you warm (how cold is it "up there" ? Montreal I presume ?)
No, Quebec City.... and we have lots of snow, cold and winter fun

I am trying to get everything organized so it will be easy to understand. First of all, I only did research and regrouped the information to be able to achieve this. Credit should go to NookDevs, clockworx over at Slatedroid & many users in XDA-Developers for their knowledge and wisdom.

The first thing you should do is go get the Android SDK and set it up and install it as presented here. Since you will need ADB (Android debug bridge), that is important.

Also, I am assuming you have a rooted unit already and that USB debugging is on.

First, go get this file: This file

Second, you will need to get a google ID number from an emulator, as shown Here.

Next, you will need to ADB the files to the IQ:

adb remount
adb shell mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock6 /system
adb shell push /(The directory where you unzip the file) /system
adb shell chmod 777 /system/build.prop /system/app/* /system/lib/* /system/framework/* /system/etc/permissions/*
adb shell chown system.system /system/build.prop /system/app/* /system/lib/* /system/framework/* /system/etc/permissions/*
adb shell rm /data/dalvik-cache/*
adb shell reboot

and set up Google Talk first!!! very important! and open Market after setting GTalk.

I am doing this by heart but it should work. If you have questions, let me know! I realize it might be very easy but I will try to find a way to make it easier.

If anything goes wrong, just do a factory reset and start over and don't forget....backup your stuff first if possible!

Enjoy!

Last edited by Icewyng; 12-27-2010 at 08:08 PM. Reason: corrections + spelling
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote