View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #12
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJohnNewton View Post
If it has the pearl screen it's a contender for my next ereader, if not then I'd rather go for a Sony. I guess if you were looking for a cheap ereader that's not tied to Amazon it would be a possible choice.
If the screen can at least match the contrast of the Nook then it not having the new Pearl screen isn't a huge loss. Though the new pearl screen is a bit better than the nook, it's not head and shoulders or as remarkable as you may think it is.

Overall I would still recommend the nook wi fi simply because I love the color lcd screen of the nook but if it's not for you than this IMHO tops the Kindle wi fi. It's cleaner and sleaker looking, epub/checking out books from your local library. And plus the Borders/Kobo bookstore platform is not too shabby at all.

If this comes back with positive reviews, then this could be a nice contender. Certainly more attractive than the Kindle wi fi, size, weight, and feel.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote