View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 12:32 AM   #18
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
What???

What do I have to do that's illegal to make use of space on a Kindle for sideloaded books? There are tons of places to buy books in Mobi format that can be sideloaded to a Kindle. Those places usually also offer an ePub instead which can easily be converted to Mobi or to KF8/AZW3.
This is true. Years ago, I was using eink Kindles to directly download books from Project Gutenberg using the onboard browser. It was a bit tedious (I wouldn't do it now) but it showed that sideloading wasn't absolutely necessary in getting non-Amazon books on a Kindle. As you say, there are many sources for purchasing non-Amazon Mobis.

Last edited by TimW; 01-02-2014 at 12:33 AM. Reason: non-Kindle Kindle :/
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote