View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 04:33 AM   #1
Mironet
Mironet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Is there a way to cheat Kindle to show ads outside the US?

Hello,
I live in Europe (the Czech Republic) and I own the new Kindle 4 with Special Offers. Every morning, the new offers show up on my display, but each only once. After 2-3 power cycles, they dissappear and a message "Please connect wirelessly to download the latest Special Offers" comes up instead. I'm aware that this happens, because I'm outside the US and no other country is currently supported. However, to my knowledge, the only way Amazon determines where my Kindle is located should be the billing address (not the Wi-Fi IP address). I have tried to change it in the settings on Amazon.com to a real US address. I have also tried the "Change country" option in Manage My Kindle section. So far no luck. Can anyone throw me a bone here? Is there a way to show the offers outside the US?

(FYI, I don't want to jailbreak, I like the changing screens every day, it gives the kindle a sort of "live" element, even though I probably can't use any of the offers because of the country restrictions. Yeah, I know, I'm weird, right?)

Thanks in advance.
Mironet is offline   Reply With Quote