Thread: Accessories Lighted cover - returning it
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 03:56 AM   #40
AdrianM
Connoisseur
AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!AdrianM , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: nook, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
It's really not a clever piece of engineering, since it doesn't work properly. If Amazon had let the light come out of the center of the case at the top rather than the top right corner (what WERE they thinking??), it would have a winner on its hands.

Anyway, hopefully some third-party manufacturer comes out with a decent clip-on light, since Amazon failed with their attempt, for sure. It would be one thing if the light fall-off was horizontal, but it's diagonal, and HARD, and ever so distracting!

No thanks.

(If I sound bitter, it's because I am. I spent $60 + tax on it.)
Given my recent posts on how I think the Nook is an awful piece in engineering because of reflectivity and glare issues I can sympathise, but personal preference really has a lot to do with it. I guess that in their testing, Amazon found the majority of people were satisfied with the light coverage.

Yes, I also think they probably could have engineered the light so it diffused over the entire screen more evenly and it's a pity that they didn't but, as far as I'm concerned, it still works adequately as is and any downsides are certainly made up for by the fact that it is built in and doesn't need its own batteries.

But I fully understand that some people, and I've seen more than a few posting here and there, will find it distracting and/or unusable.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote