View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 02:17 AM   #15
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
But don't ignore the posts from those of us who are having a great and enjoyable time reading on our 700s. The best thing is to go look at it and weigh all the factors.

It really isn't hard to hold the 700 so the glare isn't a factor and the benefits of the touch-screen far outweigh any negatives, in my opinion. Couple that with the huge increase in speed, at least when compared to the 500, and the 700 is a great machine in my opinion.

Is it perfect? No -- I'd love the clarity of the 505 screen with all the great features of the 700. But having to choose, I prefer all the advantages the 700 has to offer, especially since I find reading on it just fine and not any sort of annoyance and not needing to use the built-in light except where I needed to use a clip-on light on my 500.

It really is a matter of personal taste, so go check out the 700 before deciding it isn't the machine for you.
I'm with you. I picked up my 700 last Friday and love. I don't miss my 505 at all. I gave my 505 to my husband, we need to get him hooked on ebooks.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote