View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #4
K8HW
Connoisseur
K8HW began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A03s, Galaxy Tab A, Kindle Paperwhite (10th Gen), Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I strongly suspect that is the eReader software that has cached the previous version, and you have to first delete it to get the cache refreshed. I could be wrong though!
I don't think this was the case as I had never opened the book with my reading software. My reader is Moon+ Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
CC syncs metadata, but it does not sync changes to the books themselves. No calibre device driver does.

One way to get the books to sync is to use the reading list plugin. Set it up to send some lost to the device, then add books to that list when you change the book's contents.

Of course, itimpi's comment is germane. Some reading apps might cache book info, so you might not see changes to the book contents even if you resend the book.
Thanks for the advice on using the reading list plugin. I put books on the reading list just as a reminder of what I have planned to read and the sequence. Great for keeping track of reading whole series in the proper order. I wish there was a way to export the info from the reading list to put into a file.

As I have all of my books on the Nexus (Never know when you might need one of them ) I've never synced the reading list list with my Nexus as I don't know what will happen and I don't want to screw anything up. I'll just have to keep track of any book changes and resend them.

Thanks to itimpi and chaley for your replies. Have a very Merry Christmas!
K8HW is offline   Reply With Quote