View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #45
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
I am more and more convinced it might have something to do with glue, or humidity, or some other variable factor.
Yesterday, when I got mine, I noticed the spots on the bottom, but it looked otherwise pretty uniform. I left it to charge.
I came back to read on it and, the more I read, the more I noticed a pinkish hue in the upper-middle of the screen. It really got annoying. Not as bad as some of the pics I have seen, but there was a different hue to the middle than to the top or bottom.
I have not used my PW today - been stuck at work. Just pulled it out of the bag now and I see no pink hue whatsoever. Trying different levels of brightness, under different lights... nothing. It's just not there.

The spots on the bottom, where the leds are, obviously persist, and I find them really annoying when reading the WSJ - but less when there is a full page of text, as in a book.

But the pink is gone for sure. Hopefully, for good.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote