View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 07:04 PM   #41
bluen
Enthusiast
bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by hostar View Post
kindleholic: it certainly is. I can't help you with installer, because last time I tried to make my own, I was unsuccessful and it just didn't work. But if you want to try it for yourself, search for "Kindletool"

Of course, you can use any other way of installation, for example over script is easy. If you have RUNME hack installed, I think, that renaming of kite install script to RUNME.sh and putting script to Kindle should work, but better do backup of main partition first.

bluen:
Coolreader
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=107

Kinamp
try this (with proper filenames with full path):
Code:
#!/bin/sh
kinamp file file1 file2 file3
Thanks.

For coolreader, dropped that script into the macbook into textedit app and tried saving both as RTF and as ODT format but without the extensions.
I then dropped this into the main Kite folder on the Kindle as per instructions in other thread (not in the ondrop folder)
See the Coolreader3 showing up as pdf on the kindle but it does not open.
Should I have used a different program on the mac to save the script?

For kinamp, what i really want is to create playlists on the kindle of mp3s. Your script looks like I would be calling out URLs for streaming radio stations or perhaps I just don't understand what the files correspond to? Perhaps I just need mplayer? If so, where is the script for that?
bluen is offline   Reply With Quote