View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
William F
Pirosopher
William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.William F can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kindle, pc
Book series that never end

This is my pet peeve. If you can't tell a story in five books maybe you need to rethink the story. I'll give a pass to books written in serial that have completely different story lines; mysteries and such. But, (and I'm looking at you authors of epic fantasy,) these recycled series of books that never conclude really annoy me.
For example, my favorite science fiction series, the Deathstalker books by Simon R Green was perfect. Five great books, and it ended. A satisfying conclusion to a great epic story arc. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere the series starts up again. Now I understand the reasons for it, I just hate it.
A story has a beginning, a middle and an end. Stop it already.
Thank you.
William F is offline   Reply With Quote