View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
The time taken for metadata is dependant on many things as I understand it. How many and which plugins are installed/enabled. How sources are configured. Internet speed, the load on the metadata source and your connection.

I have canceled metadata downloads because they were taking forever and tried again a few minutes later and the result was almost instantaneous. I am sure that the same search was performed in both cases, so it is often outside of calibre's control.

Post by kiwidude in this thread explains things a bit.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=140210

I prefer to exercise a bit of patience and use the calibre metadata download then any other method I have come across, It has been very helpful with my many, many ebooks, but I can understand your frustration.
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote