View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 01:15 PM   #44
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
I think the (geographical page) mental map is hugely important for some of us, not just for finding where things are, but because building it acts as another memory aid.
I agree. My brain got used to a certain way of reading growing up and in all the years since, and it hasn't adjusted after only a handful of years with an e-reader. I expect that kids nowadays growing up with e-books will be different in how their brains learn to remember.

I very much recall by location on a page, approximate number of pages into the book, etc. I don't get that on a screen; it just all runs together.

Another issue may be that we now have so many crutches to use that we don't need to develop memory as much.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote