View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 08:18 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMartin View Post
Am I out of line or being unreasonable to think that it sends a clear signal to only one party involved in the crime? Did no one download any files, i.e. receive stolen goods?
I guess it makes more sense to go after the uploaders rather than the downloaders. If you stop uploads, then downloads also stop. Rather like (in this country at least) the police really aren't interested in people who use drugs for personal use; they go after the dealers - the people who sell the drugs. Get caught with a gram of heroin and you'll get a police caution (ie a "telling off"), but get caught with a kg and you'll spend 20 years in prison.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote