View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 06:30 AM   #1
polbit
Connoisseur
polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.polbit is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 4, Kindle HDX 8.9, Yoga 2 Pro
Question Barnes and Noble eBook Store

Hi everyone, first post here. Quick history - I've had Sony PRS-505 since it came out, and have a ton of ebooks. Recently bought the iPad, thinking I will use it as a book reader, but the LCD screen just doesn't work for me. So, I'm on a mission to find another book reader.

I've almost decided on the Nook, since I can move all my books from Sony Reader store to it, but I have one dilemma - looks like Barnes and Noble ebook store is very light on any technical books. Amazon has tons of computer, engineering, or science texts, while BN will sometimes show just one or two in a given category. Is this a known shortcoming, and did BN say that they are working on it possibly, or are they focusing on fiction more?

Alternatively, I noticed that I can buy books from the new Borders store, and they have a good selection, however all the technical books I looked at are in PDF format. I'm assuming that will be pretty unusable on the Nook versus the epub format, right?

Polbit
polbit is offline   Reply With Quote