View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 07:06 AM   #40
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

True, but I hope they add a series list.
Yes, this would work really well! If they've gone to the trouble of having series data with books, it would be a logical step to use it in this way. I hope Kobo have this on their To Do list.

Quote:
On the Glo, I've always thought that the search was in the wrong place. The Touch has it in the top left corner instead of the home button. The Glo should have the search next to the home button.
Yes, making it more prominent would make it more obvious.

I think I agree with David too, that series information shoudl be in the sorting. Perhaps this is because I read a lot of ScFi/Fantasy/Urban Fantasy books that tend to have (sometimes quite long!) series. This is exactly the reason I used to sort my library with a shelf for a series or author -- because it is so hard to keep track of without the series info.
I have far more books with the same TITLE rather than same series. I can think of about three in my library at the moment. Again, its a curse of my favoured genres: words like Magic, Dragon, Raven, Lion, Secret, Battle just keep cropping up in those book titles and it is the series that helps keep them different.

Sometimes I also define series myself: I've had a few that I'd followed that change names after a few books. They might start off named for a main character and then change to reflect a theme or plot point. Both are valid, but I pick the one I like best. For me "The Hobbits" series is as valid as naming them "Books of Middle Earth" or sticking everything related in a "Tolkien Books" series. I can control this in a way that I can't change the title. Either way, I know I want series information there prominently.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote