View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 09:05 PM   #9
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadtrees View Post
I would like to be able to connect it to the network via wifi too, although I suppose that eliminating the ability for it to do that would be adequate to ameliorate any privacy concerns.
I don't understand why you want WiFi. When in the house, if I want to put content on my Kindle, I generally hook it up to my computer with a USB cable. A possible exception is library borrowing, where some of the books are sent out --optionally -- by WiFi and some you have to use the USB cable, depending on publisher requirements. But you already said you won't use the library, so I don't see the need for WiFi.

To me, the killer US application for the Kindle 3 is the New York Times Latest News Blog, at $1.99/month, which, in combination with the 3G feature you don't want, gives me the news where ever I bring my Kindle. Since you (like most people here) don't need this or similar features, why not just kept your device in wireless off/airplane mode all the time?

If I understand right, you are saying that you don't trust librarians but do trust Jeff Bezos. Amazon stockholders here should love you!

Last edited by SteveEisenberg; 10-27-2012 at 09:10 PM.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote