View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Wait, doesn't that take extra work to do???
Yeah, that's the killer, isn't it? And then, when I quoted him, even giving him a break on the clean-up, he wanted me to do it for one-third of our published rates. I'm like...What the frack?

Quote:
Yikes!
Yeah. We get a lot of that. One of the hardest parts of quoting is weeding out the tire-kickers. I get a ton of emails from people asking every conceivable type of pre-publishing question, (utterly unrelated to the deliverables, ranging from "where do I get my ISBN" to "how to market my book") who then never send in a ms, (once they have the answers), or want SAMPLES formatted for their inspection and approval (we're not talking complex books here, mind you), or...you name it. I could understand it if we were talking $1K, but...really? It's amazing. I find the lack of research truly shocking, and it's reinforced every day.

H
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote