View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #12
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Touch
Haha, I just finished the new version with just that feature. It also supports hiding the recommendations from the home screen, since many people wanted this in the future firmware feature request thread.

If you have more ideas of what to add/alter please share them.

The installation procedure is the same as above.

Quote:
@ah-: is there a chance that I could commit my changes to your git repo.
Of course! I don't have too much experience with github since until recently i just directly used git with my own server, but I guess the way to go is that you create a github account, fork the repository and then send merge requests for individual commits. Maybe we could also setup github so can directly commit to my repository, but I'm not sure how that is done.

Please feel free to improve everything.

Edit:
Oh, and before I forget it: I think we should come up with some simple deinstallation procedure if we start to distribute the plugin as easily installable zips. Just deleting it via ssh is easy, but not everyone has that set up. Maybe flashing some other file so the original gets overwritten, or some script that automatically deletes it. I don't want anyone to have problems because of the plugin if the Kobo firmware should ever update itself and change the interfaces.
Also checking the firmware version on load might be a good idea. And lastly, the qtscript plugin is potentially dangerous if you're not in a network you trust, since it's only intended for development and uses no authentication. Libtweaks.so works fine without it, so don't install the qtscript plugin if you don't know what it does.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120123_204557.jpg
Views:	1648
Size:	581.2 KB
ID:	81629   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120123_204611.jpg
Views:	1772
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	81630   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120123_204629.jpg
Views:	1854
Size:	435.8 KB
ID:	81631  
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 tweaks.tar.bz2 (28.4 KB, 549 views)

Last edited by ah-; 01-23-2012 at 03:40 PM.
ah- is offline   Reply With Quote