View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
So then, would you say that the NC with its reduced price be a better deal?
I think it depends on how you want to use a tablet. Someone who wants a tablet, as opposed to a book reader that you can watch your DVD collection on, that tablet person would be happier with the more powerful hardware in the Nook Tablet. I love my Nook Color but it's Internet browser is admittedly slow. Since I work out of my home I usually use my computer to access the Internet so for me, personally, the NC does everything I want.

When the new firmware on the N+ models starts rolling out you will probably see more excitement about both versions of these high-end Nooks. The apps we can get for both versions will make the news. At that point, a lot of current NC owners may decide to upgrade.

B&N has done some innovative things with books on the NC. Enhanced books will also change the equation, especially for non-fiction and text books. Right now Amazon has nothing that can render enhanced eBooks. The one I have is a history book and even though it is an early adaptation of the potential eBooks offer I think it's very impressive what a writer/publisher has done with this technology. Depending on how that development goes I may have to reevaluate my own decision to stay put with the older Nook Color and order the more powerful model.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote