View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 06:05 AM   #18
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjenkins View Post
I ran across this article in a security forum I visit:

Pirate Party Politician Scuttles the Ship she sailed in on

It seems that it is harder to walk-the-walk once the shoe is on the other foot.

-drjenkins
I think that the problem was this:
Quote:
To help her publish the book Schramm signed a major deal with the Random House owned publisher Albrecht Knaus Verlag. In addition to earning a 100,000 euro advance, this deal with the “content mafia” required her to sign away her copyrights.
She doesn't own the copyright anymore. She had a copy on the Pirate Party’s own site, but she doesn't have the right to do that. What comments she can publicly make on the subject might also be limited by the contract that she signed.

Or this could just be the topic of her next book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
Infinitely safer and infinitely less offensive things like electronic cigarettes exist these days (which I use, it's just nicotine in a propolyne glycol base, the same stuff that's in toothpaste, cake icing, etc, with flavoring added. nicotine unto itself isn't harmful and actually has some health benefits), there's no need to still be smoking those reeking cancer sticks.
Nicotine Promotes Cardiovascular Disease

Invade and conquer: Nicotine's role in promoting heart and blood vessel disease

nicotine is three times as toxic as arsenic and one and one half times as toxic as strychnine.

Study Claims Nicotine Causes Cancer
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote