Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #141
ivar
ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.ivar holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: kindle touch, pw
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Here comes the revamped no-ads patch... essentially an overhauled version of this one.

This new version also removes the screen saver ads without requiring user intervention.

INSTALLATION: Unzip the attached file, copy ixtab_ksonoads-5.1.0.jbpatch to opt/jbpatch on the Kindle. Make sure that opt/jbpatch/CONFIG.TXT contains a line to activate "ixtab_ksonoads-5.1.0.jbpatch". Finally, restart the Kindle.

Upgrading: If you are already using the old version, just overwrite the jbpatch file, and restart.
Sorry, not works for me. I get my Kindle Touch SO and updated it to 5.1. After that all offers removing hints, what base on deleting some catalog gets so long to no screensaver and blank screen (if delete /var/local/adunits) or showing content /usr/share/blanket/ad_screensaver if remove /mnt/us/system/.assets

Like I see, your latest patch removes /var/local/adunits. I copied it back from my backup ( ) and right now, KSO use directory /usr/share/blanket/ad_screensaver.

Thanks anyway, using previous (touch evry time that footer banner, if connect USB cable, that ...)
ivar is offline   Reply With Quote