View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #4
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad98408 View Post
Several people in other forums have been able to get their mobi ebooks downloaded from other sites to sync across various devices by converting them to MOBI in Calibre. I have not been able to do so. As I understand it the metadata must have a valid 113 ASIN and 501 CDEContentType = EBOK in order to sync to last page in Kindle. When I check the file after the Calibre conversion with the mobi2mobi software the metadata ASIN is a 36 characters (should be 10 I think) and there is no 501 CDEContent at all. I would like to get this to work as after a windows update mobi2mobi stopped on my Windows 7 desktop. Still works on my XP laptop. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong would be appreciated.
What are the devices you are trying to sync with? If it is an iPhone it has to be put in a specific folder on the phone.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote