View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 12:19 AM   #12
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
After reading the EULA (End User License Agreement) that is distributed with the MfgTools Source code (which includes Open Source code under various licenses including GPL), it looks like we are allowed to freely distribute MfgTool.exe as part of a package that is used to support Freescale devices (such as the CPU/SoC inside Kindles). What is not allowed is to distribute MfgTool.exe by itself, as a standalone application.

So, in agreement with the EULA, I repackaged MfgTool.exe along with my custom u-boot images and MfgTool Profiles. This reduced the total download size from about 70 MB to about 0.5 MB. It also greatly simplified installation, so I made new screen captures of the simplified installation process, and I modified previous posts to this thread using the simplified process, as you can see above in my previous posts.

Smaller faster download, less Internet usage, less disk space, less documentation, and less confusion.

If you actually need Windows USB/HID drivers for your version of Windows, and you cannot locate them elsewhere, please ask for them here.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote