View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 10:30 PM   #48
AGB
Headbutting stupidity
AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650
No, I often abandon fiction, biographies and such. There are so many titles out there, so many below average writers, that it's hard to find the good stuff. At one time I got so peeved with a writer of a shortish novel I rewrote it as I figured it should have been written (it was a Danish author, me being danish and all). I never heard from him, but in the next round of printing, lo and behold, most of it was implemented.

I have had three persons close to me go "well, if you don't like what you read, why don't you write something yourself that would be worth reading?" - which is all fine and dandy, but there's a world of difference between reading for enjoyment and writing. At least as I would do it: Work. Just like I do as a journalist. Hardly the thing to do a lazy afternoon, ha ha.

Anyway, the least-put-downable* books I read are non-fiction, reference books, theory books etc. But I still only finish around 90 percent..

*I know, but if you can make a sock company named www.almostunwearoutable.co.uk, why not?
AGB is offline   Reply With Quote