View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
I've heard similar arguments, and I think there is some evidence of this from previous downturns/recessions, provided they have not been too deep. One argument is that people get laid off and with time on their hands, start inventing, or dust off that idea they've just not had time to work on. Another argument is that downturns/recessions force changes in patterns (e.g. spending, work, ....) and this then open up new areas of investigation that might previous have been ignored.
Yeah, as I recall, the original conversation (on the radio) had to do with people buying new HD screens. One of the commentators was noting that for most people, non-HD is "good enough" (I'm one of those), so they aren't going to run out and purchase new screens just for HD. Same thing with 3D HD .... I'm not going to get that .... why would I unless it becomes something other than a bleeding edge fad?

Now, my boyfriend, Jack, will spend a ton of money on HD screens and content, because he really wants to be able to see every damn pore on Angelina Jolie's nose. He's also had lasik surgery, so his vision is sharper than mine. HD or non-HD, it all looks pretty much the same to me, so why would I upgrade? (3D just gives me headaches.)

I won't buy a different type of reader until and unless:

1. It is very thin, lightweight and magazine sized;
2. With a color screen;
3. A built-in non-glare reading light;
4. reads PDF and every other possible format; and
5. Has user changeable long-life batteries and high-capacity storage.

Not that I'm asking for much.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote