View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 01:54 AM   #553
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I had a question about the "append extra css" option.

I tried this plugin on one of my ebooks and when I looked at the css code in the Calibre edit eBooks plugin, I noticed that I had two sets of <body> and two <p> tags in my css stylesheet.

I'm using Fanfiction Downloader and that plugin has it's own css options, it appears that the append worked at adding my Calibre conversion default settings.

What I don't know is what happens when there are two sets of tags for everything but the tags have slightly different information? Though some of the tags like the headers have the exact same information.

AFAIK - All css is processed top to bottom so the lower, newer commands will over-ride the previous.

I though I'd posted a similar query here, but I can't now find it - maybe it's in the wrong sub-forum?. anyway, my observation was that append CSS adds lines to every stylesheet in the book, and there are usually 2 if you've used calibre to convert.
appending code to both seems harmless but the new book does fail a CSS validation done via SIGIL as the page_styles.css file is flagged as having errors
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote