Thread: Silliness Quiz
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #10687
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Nelson's Blood might be another name for rum, but I think he was preserved in a brandy barrel.
Yes - that's correct.

There is a persistent myth that he was preserved in rum, but that seems to have come about because of rum's association with the British navy and the fact that it was often used as a preservative. In reality, he was placed in a cask filled with brandy.

I didn't bother to try to correct the quizmaster, as that just comes across as churlish. but I checked today and it seems my recollection was correct.

That point for Paul leaves Orlok the winner on two points. Take it away, Orlok (or Issybird).
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote