View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 02:58 AM   #51
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by masona8 View Post
You won't be getting pdf reflow (I don't know who came up with the word), People are really asking for pdf conversion. Even the best programs do a crappy job so how is a kobo with a tiny weeny processor going to do any better huh, huh
Earlier in the thread, SameerH mentions how their team tried to get PDF reflow included for the 1.4 firmware, but couldn't do so in time as the functionality was occasionally buggy. It seems to me then that PDF reflow is a likely possibility for future firmware updates, if not the next itself.

Admittedly however, I've stopped reading PDFs on the Kobo. I've read several PDFs on my 350 which supports PDF reflow, and am very happy with the experience (portrait mode with font resizing, yessss). All of those PDFs I read are just fiction in an inconvenient format however -- my library loves buying vampire and crime fiction in PDF, apparently -- and I agree something like the Kindle DX would be better for those big reference or scanned PDFs.

EDIT: Also @51Bush, does B&N sell the Nook to NZ, or did you have to use a mail forwarding service to get it? Just curious.

Last edited by viviena; 09-24-2010 at 03:02 AM. Reason: A Q
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote