View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 10:01 PM   #9
hockeynut
Enjoy every sandwich.
hockeynut began at the beginning.

Device: Tri-Sony 505 (blue, silver, silver)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
Hockeynut--It's my understanding that Calibre won't be able to transfer anything you bought from the Sony store. (I've never tried it, so I'm not 100% sure about this.)

But, I use both Calibre and the Sony Software to transfer books to my 505. So you would be able to only use the Sony Software to transfer the books you've purchased from Sony Connect and Calibre for everything else.

dordale
Yup - I tried to use calibre on the secure book and it didn't work. Oh well, they do seem to coexist OK so thats not such a big deal.

Now the BIG deal is this piece of junk they call their bookstore. They give 100 free books - so I've been adding to my cart, and so have my kids. Now we have about 250 books in the cart! And guess what - the only way to clean out your shopping cart is ONE BY ONE...and it takes about 30 seconds EACH to delete! That means about 2 hours of clicking "X" to delete ONE BY ONE! Insane!

I am on the phone with customer service and they are completely useless. It doesn't help that they are obviously in India and are giving me names like Tony and Charlie C'mon people, we aren't that dumb...

Last edited by hockeynut; 09-18-2008 at 10:03 PM.
hockeynut is offline   Reply With Quote