View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
OrganicJerk
Enthusiast
OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Nook STR
Sigil "Remove Formatting" errors? Does not actually remove all formatting.

Hello everyone... New user here!... new to the site and also new to E-readers in general..

I've been giving myself carpal tunnel (fingers stuck on delete and spacebar keys) going nuts with this one book only to find that I cant seem to save my style edits..

So I bought an ebook and I didn't like the formatting (as in, it wasn't), and I spent hours on Sigil correcting it, but then while previewing the book in Calibre, I saw that the text was HUGE, and nothing like it looked in Sigil, so I just decided to kill all the formatting altogether.

So as I was going through each chapter, I Ctrl+A then Ctrl+Space'd the entire book, manually cleaning up alot of horrible formatting along the way (why my fingers are cramping right now)

You ABSOLUTELY MUST NOT upload copyrighted material to MobileRead without the permission of the copyright holder. This is an action which normally merits an instant and permanent ban. We're giving you one (and only one) chance because you're new here.

Thanks.

MobileRead Moderating Team

When I saved the book and previewed again, alot of the chapters were totally out of whack, and looked nothing like what I saved... I kept making changes in Sigil and they never stick!

I'm sort of wonky on coding, but if I clear formatting, shouldnt it just clear all of the styles from the pages, even if the styles themselves are in the stylesheet?

I've attached the book here for review for anyone willing to give it a look. It's now 5:12am and I have no sense of accomplishment, lol.

Thanks

Last edited by OrganicJerk; 02-15-2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Wanted to edit subject
OrganicJerk is offline   Reply With Quote