View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 12:57 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm impressed! Middle English isn't so bad, but "The Canterbury Tales" is written in a mixture of Middle English and Medieval French since Chaucer, like all educated people of the time, was of course trilingual: in English (the everyday language), French (the language still spoken at Court at the time) and Latin (the language used for scholarly debate).
Well, once you learn Latin, the other languages sort of fall into place. An odd word here and there doesn't really bother me to skip over. Now back in school when I was a perfectionist student, skipping would never have wroked for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
You brought back nightmares to me - of my own experience in college - we had to recite in class!! Yechh! I still have scars!
I know! And the thing is, who is to say that the way it was been resurrected is actually correct? All's I knows fer shure is that they think Shakespeare's and my accent are similar, because the people who colonized the south came from his neck of the woods.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote